Haverhill Youth Soccer's In-Town program is a recreational soccer league for children in Grades 3 to 6. It is competitive but non-results oriented, meaning scores are not recorded and there are no play-offs. Players are randomly placed on teams for each season. Teams meet twice during the week for practices led by volunteer coaches and play a small-sided game on Saturday.
In-Town has two independent seasons consisting of eight weeks of play.
- Fall - September to November with a break around Columbus Day.
- Spring - April to June with a break around Memorial Day.
The upcoming Spring 2018 season is scheduled to begin on April 28th, break for Memorial Day on May 26th, and end on June 23rd. This schedule is subject to change based on field availability.
Players are randomly placed on teams for each season.
|Grades 3 & 4 - Co-Ed||Entering Grades 3 or 4|
|Grades 5 & 6 - Co-Ed||Entering Grades 5 or 6|
Teams meet twice during the week for practice and play a game each Saturday.
|Grade 3 & 4 - Co-Ed||Tuesday & Thursday at 5:30 PM||Saturday at 2:30 PM|
|Grade 5 & 6 - Co-Ed||Monday & Wednesday at 5:30 PM||Saturday at 2:30 PM|
Grades 3 & 4 Game Schedule
|Date||2:30pm Field 1||4:00pm Field 1||4:00pm Field 2|
|May 5||Team 1 vs Team 2||Team 3 vs Team 4||Team 5 vs Team 6|
|May 12||Team 2 vs Team 5||Team 1 vs Team 3||Team 4 vs Team 6|
|May 19||Team 3 vs Team 5||Team 2 vs Team 6||Team 1 vs Team 4|
|May 26||Team 2 vs Team 4||Team 3 vs Team 6||Team 1 vs Team 5|
|June 2||Team 1 vs Team 6||Team 2 vs Team 3||Team 4 vs Team 5|
|June 9||Team 3 vs Team 4||Team 5 vs Team 6||Team 1 vs Team 2|
|June 16||Team 4 vs Team 6||Team 1 vs Team 3||Team 2 vs Team 5|
|June 23||Team 1 vs Team 4||Team 2 vs Team 6||Team 3 vs Team 5|
All In-Town fields are located at Consentino Middle School, located at 685 Washington Street.
- Lawn signs are placed near each field line to help identify fields.
- Spectators are asked to sit a few feet away from the touchlines to give the children enough room to play.
- Sitting behind goals is prohibited.
Locations are subject to change based on field availability.
In-Town players must have the following to participate each week:
- Jersey - Provided during first week of play
- Athletic shorts - Other clothing is allowed based on weather
- Soccer socks - Must cover shin guards
- Shin guards - Mandatory for safety
- Footwear - Sneakers are fine
- Soccer ball - Size 4
- Sports bottle - Players should bring plenty of fluids with them
Soccer cleats are recommended to avoid bad spills. However, please be aware that baseball cleats cannot be used to play soccer because shoes with toe cleats are not allowed. Soccer cleats are made specifically without the toe cleat.