Haverhill Youth Soccer's In-Town program is a recreational soccer league for children in Grades 3 & 4. It is competitive but non-results oriented, meaning scores are not recorded and there are no play-offs. Players are randomly placed on teams within gender-based divisions for each season. Teams meet twice during the week for practices led by volunteer coaches and play a small-sided game on Saturday.
In-Town has two independent seasons consisting of eight weeks of play.
- Fall - September to November with a break around Columbus Day.
- Spring - April to June with a break around Memorial Day.
The upcoming Spring 2017 season is scheduled to begin on April 22nd, break for Memorial Day on May 27th and end on June 17th.
Players are randomly placed on teams for each season.
|Division||Birth Date Parameter|
|Grades 3 & 4 - Boys||Born between 8/31/2008 and 8/1/2006|
|Grades 3 & 4 - Girls||Born between 8/31/2008 and 8/1/2006|
Teams meet twice during the week for practice and play a game each Saturday.
|Grade 3 & 4 - Boys||Monday & Wednesday at 5:30 PM||Saturday at 2:30 PM|
|Grade 3 & 4 - Girls||Tuesday & Thursday at 5:30 PM||Saturday at 3:30 PM|
Please note that times are subject to change based on availability of fields and total number of players registered in each division.
All In-Town fields are located at J.G. Whittier Middle School, located at 256 Concord Street.
In-Town players must have the following to participate each week:
- Jersey - Provided during first week of play
- Athletic shorts - Other clothing is allowed based on weather
- Soccer socks - Must cover shin guards
- Shin guards - Mandatory for safety
- Footwear - Sneakers are fine
- Soccer ball - Size 4
- Sports bottle - Players should bring plenty of fluids with them
Soccer cleats are recommended to avoid bad spills. However, please be aware that baseball cleats cannot be used to play soccer because shoes with toe cleats are not allowed. Soccer cleats are made specifically without the toe cleat.